Sunday, September 7, 2008

Purple toy, short leg


I want to tell you a little story about these toys. See, Andy had the purple one first, and it lost a leg when he was pretty little. But mom let him play with it anyway, because he loved it so much. He would only carry it by the short leg. And if you threw it for him, and he picked it up by the wrong leg, he'd put it down and spin it around until he got the short leg.


One day Andy got a new one, the green one. It was nice and soft, and squeeked. But he had the darndest time picking it up, because he kept spinning it around, trying to find the short leg! Mom tells me she and daddy laughed and laughed at poor Andy, who was trying hard to find the short leg!


Andy whispered to me from the Rainbow Bridge one day, and told me that I should always try to carry the purple one by the short leg. I've been doing my best to do that ever since, to carry on Andy's tradition.

No comments: