Sunday, September 7, 2008

My name is Ricky



My name is Ricky, and I'm a Bedlington terrier. Mom sometimes calls me a Bedlington Terrorist since I have sharp teeth and like to bite a lot. I was born on April 26 which is the same birthday as my Grammie. My real mom's name was Alice, also the same as my Grammie. I was born in Minnesota, and my first mom brought me here to Albuquerque on a long airplane ride! Here is a picture of my first mom Christy introducing me to my Grammie. I was about 11 weeks old there.


I came to Albuquerque on July 8, 2008. See, my predecessor, named Andy, got sick from cancer this summer and mom was real sad without a doggie in the house, so I came to her rescue. Daddy likes dogs too but mom is the one who is nutty about Bedlington terriers. My Grammie likes them too. See her sister, Margaret, was the first one to have one. Her dog was named Debbie, and my mom was named Debbie, after the first Bedlington in the family! Course that was quite a long time ago now. Margaret had 4 bedli's over the years, and my mommie inherited the love for the breed too.


So I decided I'd better get started on my blogging since I'm starting Puppy Kiddygarden tomorrow. Mom says Dede will be our Teecher and Andy took her class too, so she is a very good one to have. We have a friend in the class too, named Mocha. She is about my age but I think she is bigger than me! Me and Mocha want to become therapy dogs when we grow up, but that's another story.


Ricky


No comments: